Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dougie

This is a photograph of Doug taken while were on holiday in Sheffield. We have been very, very fortunate to get to holiday there over these past few years. More on that another time. This is not a post about Sheffield or about holidays. it is a post about Doug.

Last week we celebrated 15 years of marriage. We were married on April 1st at a pretty conference center in Johannesburg called Helderfontein. I am not sure it is even there any more, but at the time it was a lovely old Herbert baker building and some other buildings, built in a very stylish manner. We had a grand time on the day and hope everyone else did to. But this is not even a post about that.

15 years... wow! it seems and feels like a life time. A life time of great joys and deep sadness. I guess life is like that. The joy comes and so does the sadness and I would be lying not to describe it like that.

I have found Doug to be one of the most amazing perseveres I know. He just never gives up. I find this to be a great quality in him and over the years have come to really admire him for this. Through thick and thin , he never gives up. That does not mean he never wants to give up. I am sure he does BUT he does not give up.

I will write more about him but for now ... here it is. ....

1 comment: