Monday, October 4, 2010

Back to school.

Today is the first day of the fourth term of school. It is the 4th of October 2010. A point in time. A day to enjoy and to remember. It has been a day full of all sorts of excitement. I use this word ' excitement' in the extreme and cynical sense. It has been a day worth forgetting except for this..... It has been a day where I have sensed the work of the evil one on many fronts. Active and alive. But then God.....

God gives us this .......
The dinner time conversation. I sit down with the boys to Woolf down the dinner set before us ( by me of course), and we begin to chat about heaven and well, hell too. I am reading them the story of David and Goliath in the childrens bible. It is a great story to tell and a great story for young, exciting minds. One thing leads to another and we get to talk about hell and Gods grace. Of course the two are linked in my thinking and so they flow one from the other. Hell - a place of God's right judgment and a place devoid of his grace. We all contemplate our call from him and all decide, unanimously, that Hell is a place we do not want to go. In fact, Samuel said, I want to keep trusting Jesus. He has grasped the very real and glorious alternative. To spend eternity with Jesus and to do so in the new earth is where we aim to be. A glorious end to an awful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment