Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wriggle and Rhyme

For almost 2 years now I have been running the Bergvliet Wriggle and Rhyme music groups in my home. It has truly been a time of great fun and learning.
I simply love having the parents, nannies or grannies in our home. The little children who come and share in the music time have been a great delight to me.
Wriggle is awesome. The actual programme which is the brain child of Kirsty Savidies, is well thought through and caters to the ages of the children exceptionally well. It is fun, engaging and the children get to learn while having fun with music and instruments.

My highlights are the beginning when we all settle down to sing the familiar hello songs. To see the recognition and delight as I tap out a beat on the wood block never ceases to amaze me. Whenever a child begins to grasp the concept and join it it is very special for me too. It is actually a privileged to she in these little lives.
I love to see how each little person develops over the term. He or she might be an observer and suddenly become an active and real participant. Wriggle has afforded me enormous pleasure and has allowed me to enjoy the teaching aspect of teaching while in my home.

I am so grateful the The Lord for this time. I can love other children and still get to be with my own children.

No comments:

Post a Comment