Monday, April 22, 2013

We are limitted.

http://www.worldquest.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Bound-with-Chains-of-the-Spirit-and-of-Men.jpg


I was having  tea with a friend and we were talking about heaven. What will heaven be like. My friend touched on something that I have often wondered about. A Glorious thought. I think heaven will be a place where we will be surprised. We will be taken by surprise, not to be there, if you are a Christan and you knoww and serve Jesus , but rather taken by surprise by the things that are not. 

I often think that the things we think are good and noble in this life might not be part of how we feel and think in heaven. Some of the things we think and do - thinks we think are good - might be sinful and selfish and therefore wont be part of us in heaven.

Then we got to thinking about sin and our sinful nature in this life. 
We talked about how we feel limited by sin. Much like Paul who longed to do the things he ought and not do the things he did. 
We are indeed limited ; cut off and stunted by sin. The person I long to love rightly - I just can not seem to do it well or continuously. The unlovely thoughts I conquer one day seem to bog me down the next. We are in a constant struggle - a battle against the sin that lurks within and the enemy without. 
I often wonder when I hear of the most talented sportsman or woman; or think about someone like Leonardo da Vinci and his genius and / or the autistic child who has an unusually great ability with numbers. I wonder if these glimmers of man's ability at being super are glimmers of what we were, before the fall. 
So we have been limited by sin 

Jesus knew this and so he told us to take heart in this life and not be over come by the world because he has overcome it on our behalf. We have a God who identifies with our struggle against sin . He knows and loves us still.

I long for heaven. A real place where the limits of this world will be lifted and we will reign with Jesus, our saviour, forever.

    


No comments:

Post a Comment