Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Hidden Hand of God

The book we are studying at our church, St James Kennelworth, is the book of Ruth. In my own bible women's bible study we are doing the book of Esther and in my other one we are studying Galatians. In 2 of these books the theme : God is at work despite the circumstances of life - The Hidden Hand of God at work is a strong thread. I am so excited to be thinking through and praying around this extraordinary theme. God is at work in the story of Ruth and in Esther despite it seeming to be quite the opposite. The Providence of God is so clear and his kindness revealed in the lives of Naomi and Ruth is beautiful.
As we venture on in these 2 books in particular, I am waiting expectantly as God sets this theme firmly in my heart and in my thinking.

Romans 28:28. In all things - the good things and the bad things that happen in this life - God ( the great God of the universe - living and powerful - kind and loving - judge and merciful - faithful and true ) this same God is at work. We might not see him working but he is at work. He is at work in the lives of those people he has called to himself in Jesus Christ. He is working with a purpose in mind.... So that he is glorified and seen to be who he truly is in our lives AND he is at work for our good.

This verse always strangely comforts me. I know that God might not change the circumstances of my life but I am sure that he is working. And when God works things happen.

So, take heart and know that the hidden hand of God is working in your life , oh Christian. he is kind and he provides. You need only rest in his providence as you go about life doing the things you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment