Monday, October 7, 2013

All things Hairy!!



What does hair and The Falconers have in common?
Well, for most of our married life , Doug has had long hair. He was married with long hair, much to his mothers disapproval:)

He cut it once in all the years we have been together and that was when he turned 30 and we were living in the UK. We all went out to celebrate and he shocked his mates with his very short hair.

I too have gone from long, flowing locks to the short look.
I do not consider myself a hair chick but I do have a great hair dresser. She works from home but was a stylist in one of the posh hair dresser spots in Cape Town. What makes her great. She is spontaneous and cuts hair well.  I have dead, dead straight, thick hair and not many can handle this kind of hair. She is totally at home with it. She cuts all our boys hair and the thing I like about this, is that as their hair grows out , it still looks good.


The strange thing is, that I love Doug's hair long BUT I love my boys hair short. 

Today was hair inspection day at school Of course we had left it all to late and too long. Sam and Jet had their hair cut today and Thomas and James are up for Wednesday. 

While the two little ones had their hair cut I read "You Mag" , as you do. 
The truth is I am actually a closet hair cutter and of course a pyromaniac.( for another post)
I think nothing of it to simply just cut my hair when it is getting annoyingly long. My darling hair dresser takes this in her stride and simply thins and corrects my mess:)

We have lots of pets. They bring their very own hair issues with them too. This is Luke. He is the most lovable , irritating dog ever. His gets really long , woolly and matted and so , twice a year, we shave him. This is the result along with an old T Shirt to keep out the cold.


The teen hair thing is also upon us. This involves hair sprouting from all sorts of parts of the body. This weekend I overheard another, younger child saying to our son, " you have a moustache!" - My heart ached for the pain and strangeness with which adulthood is born.  Becoming a man is a glorious thing and a God given destiny for our sons and yet it is a strange and painful journey to navigate. We stand with our first born, on the edge of manhood. side by side with him as he steps through the door onto his life, hair and all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment