Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Big 6

Someone asked me how we manage with such a large family. This is a question I often get in a variety of different ways. It is one that is interesting to answer. I say this because we are a big family and a growing one and we get on with the business of doing just that. When someone asks me though, I pause and reflect.....

The thing is , it is what it is. We have four , growing , boys who are gifted and talented and have needs and desires in this life. We, their parents have wishes and desires; cares and concerns for them too. All this just is.

We make it work! This means that sometimes only one can have new school shoes or only one can have piano lessons. It means that we cant do all the things on offer that would be fun.  It means that they dont have their own rooms and we all share a bathroom. it means a lot of things. We dont take regular holidays and when the school hols roll around , we generally stay home. This does not seem a pretty picture in a world obsessed with leisure, pleasure and treasure. It is a struggle I constantly fight against. and yet.... this morning when the boys woke up and crawled into each others beds to read and chat ; as they sat at and on the kitchen table playing UNO and planning their latest MineCraft moves and as they sit continuing with last nights Monoploly game ; I am reminded of the rich childhood these boys have. They have each other to jostle with and bounce off of - literally. They have a richness that many children do not have. I have four beautiful boys with whom I share my life with. we chat and laugh and cry and shout together. It is busy and noisy and exhausting but it is much more that that. We are very, very blessed indeed to be a part of growing these four , beautiful boys up and showing them who The Lord Jesus really is in all his glory and richness. What fun, what an adventure and what a privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment