Tuesday, November 13, 2012




To say
I love you
is quite easy
 really.
To mean
 I love you
is quite a different thing.

Love is an action
it is a way of giving of
oneself
to
another
so
that
they 
really, really
feeeeeeel 
it.

The knowledge of love 
is a comforting
thought.
It is the real act of love
that makes all the rest
blow away like fine sand on a windy day.

I love you
are precious words.
words so easily spoken 
sometimes not meant
not cemented by action

real love
 is to sacrifice something of myself
to another
for another.
This
 love I long for
I long to share
freely.

The child understands love
love is being there
doing that fun thing
playing that game
watching that jump
sharing that moment
when I least have time
or want to
or have capacity.
A child understands
the true meaning of
love
 have  we lost the  meaning of
love?
Somehow,
 have we misplaced it

love has a
length and a breadth ; 
it has depth.
It is full
and it fills  a person 


'I love you'
has been
stolen,
 replaced by something
fake,
 false
fast and shallow.


Reclaiming love
is the work that He
began and ended that day.
He showed his love and acted to share 
to save
he died to show love
and claim us
for himself
in love
to love
for love 
so that we in turn can
truly love others

<3 br="br">

No comments:

Post a Comment