Friday, March 19, 2010

Hilarious conversations

I have just had the funniest conversation with my 6 year old. It concerned father Christmas. Well, does he exist or doesn't he?" I believe he does mommy" , he said. "I think his elves are busy right now making toys you know. But what do you think mommy? what do you think?"This is the question he repeatedly asked me. My answer was to deflect completely and say - "well, Sam, what do you think?" He was not having it though, this sharp button. No no. mommy but what do YOU think? I was caught!!! "what do I think Samuel , I said - I think children decide if he is real or not!!!" silence - Phew!!! for now he accepted this answer !! what a good laugh! I went on to remind him that Christmas is about the real king..... "yes yes he said I know mommy!!"

1 comment: