Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Fun and funny side of Easter- in our home

Life in the Falconer home this Easter was full and noisy. It was coming to the end of the two week school holidays and we had had a very busy visiting time. I like to do some crafty/ arty things around Easter so that we can remind ourselves about Jesus and what he did for us each on the cross. This year I decided that it might be nice to make a gospel bracelet each. Whenever we tackle one of these projects I know that they will never quite turn out like they do in books or on other people blogs. I actually quite like this. So the gospel bracelet making project began. The best part about these projects for me is the discussion and conversations that arise .

This time was no different. We talked about each colour and James read what each meant. I came to the Born Again bit and trusting Jesus for our forgiveness of sins bit and one son said " yes I have done that s o many times". I replied, ' ah, this is about Assurance." and quick of the mark he says, " oh, no mom. It is about Insurance."

Along with some other fun ideas I gleaned off the internet we decided to make Resurrection cookies. Dad pitched in and we got going. I remember from a few years ago that the "cookies" did not go down to well with the vinegar and the nuts so I decided to make plain old meringues.
To do this I used 2 different recipes and both had different ways to cook the meringues. Well in the end we landed up with delicious 'cookies' but alas with no cave like tomb inside. What a laugh. We had a yummy eat none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment