Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Safe Place

I long for this.
My soul cries out,
change me!
In that deep, deep place within,
Oh Lord, grant me this prayer
be merciful to me
a wretch
a sinner.
Transform my mind
and heart
draw me out and expose me
those secret, hidden things
no-one else can see
But you, you can.
I lie naked before you
my soul open and my heart is offered.
Tear away my filth
my sad excuses to cover that which is an affront to your .
But you oh King stand tall and offer your all
for me.
You give everything
and spare nothing at the cross.
Help me embrace you as you enfold me
in your care and love and tenderness.
Restore me to that place
The Safe Place
where you are
Beautiful and holy and pure
and you invite me to come
"Come", you say.
and when I do I find I can stand again
free from the burden that has clothed me for sometime
the sad and sorrowful excuse that held me back and caused me not to come
Jesus!
Jesus! Be my all in all again.
Break me and lift me up once more
so that I may be changed and whole
in you.
I am weak and frail and vulnerable before you
your powerful work within me overwhelms me
and I can not hold that.
I long to desire you and only you.
I long to stand again in grace that flows and pours
like a river of love
so that I may feel it again.
What it is to be a child of the living God

I rest again in The Safe Place
where colours are felt and my load is left behind
so once more I can breath
I can feel and live
for you.

Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment