Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Who am I really ?

Today, again I slipped and fell
and tumbled down, down, down , deep into the abyse
where darkness hides all that is and all that might be.
I search and search and all that comes to naught.
It is hollow loneliness that engulfs and smothers me.
It winds itself so tightly around and around again
and laughs out loud as it pulls and chokes until  nothing is left.
And so I begin the slow and painful climb once more.
I claw and drag and push upwards
longing for a breath , hoping for a hand to pull me from the other side.
But none is there.
The journey is slow and treacherous
 full of doubt and clouded a mist.
The bottom of the pit seems so, so far from all that is light and life and fun.
I am tired, so very very tired. My limbs ache with heaviness
they pull me on, drag me up and up and up towards the light
It is a cold and lonely journey.
I hear myself calling.
I hear myself reply.
The day is long and the perilous pathway is littered with familiarity
anger, sadness and fear lurk and threaten
Their strength and grip are solid and firm
their desire to rule is real and safe
I picked myself up and dusted me knees
I knew again that what I am and what I was are two different people

No comments:

Post a Comment