Wednesday, June 20, 2012

For you.

 I heard the news. It came like a blow
so unexpected
such a shock.
a jolt.
and then the pain and sadess of what I heard made sence.
He is dead.

so, today I baked and went to you
a mother and father in deep pain
what can be said?
how can I help you hold your loss
your pain
your boy is gone.
I cried with you
we cry with you
know that we care , deeply
and are here to help you
be with you, if that is what you need

Jesus is here too.
he holds all things together
he loves and cares for you
and as you weep he collects your tears
gathers them up and holds them near
his arms hold you.
one day it might all make sense
but until that day
remember the Lord
rememeber that He is at work
in your loss and grief
he is there
at work
for you
in you.

But for now
grieve
it is a deep and searing loss


No comments:

Post a Comment