Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The tree of life

The holidays are here!!
In 2 days time it will be our June/ July winter school holidays.
 I am starting to get excited about having the boys home.  I find myself making notes about things we might get up to. we have started to have those fun conversations around - what we might like to do.
Waking up late and spending time together is one of my best things in the world. 
My mind is bustling with all sorts of ideas . 
this evening I stumbled upon a theme for the holiday. It is actually one that I am very excited about.
if you are about to throw up at this point ( as I know one or two of my friends might be doing, I appologise)
Yes I have a holiday theme:)

. Growth and growing is such a fundamental part of a child's life. In essence their physical growth and development is all about change.   One of our boys is about to enter the teenage years and so physical change is very much on the agenda as are all sorts of conversations about other changes that may take place. Growing in our understanding , love and knowledge of God is a great theme in the bible too. God is interested in us growing closer to him. He wants us to grow in goodness and change in ways that please him. Thus, the growing theme reaches its roots down really deep where God is at work and it grows its branches out wide across all of life. I have some fun ideas up my sleeve and really hope and pray that with God's help this theme can become a very real part of our collective, family thinking . My hope and prayer is that Jesus will be at work in each of these boys as we discover and learn this holiday. Here's to climbing many trees and building many fun things and here's to discovering what God has up his holiday sleeve ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment