Wednesday, October 16, 2013

ADHD - Special indeed!!

http://jimthornber.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/woman-worship.jpg

I am privaledged to be counted among those who bear the name Jesus.

From time to time, I write about ADHD and my faith. 
I can not separate these in my thinking and indeed in my being, because my faith is an integral part of who I am and who our family is. Trusting Jesus and his death on the cross - living for him and under his loving rule, is the only thing that makes sense.
My faith in him, is the umbrella , the banner, the very essence of why I am alive and gives me the perfect, clear and wonderful direction and purpose to this life.

Being an ADHD family is not without its struggles. I have written about these on many occasions. 
The way the neurological system of an ADHD child and indeed and adult works is fundamentally different from that of another child. it is A Typical. As we travel on this journey as parents and as a family we continue to hold onto these truths.


God is real and kind
He is all loving and has not, for one second, stopped loving us
He made each one of our children and has a purpose and plan for there lives
We can trust him with each son
He has totally forgiven us at the cross AND
we are therefore able to forgive each other as we struggle
We are able to forgive the public and there harsh, misunderstaning towards ADHD
We are free to live lives pleasing to him
He is at work in and through us for our good and his glory
We are not ever alone

and then....

God has chosen the foolish things of this world to shame the wise-
He has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the strong.... Jesus was weak and poor and without human status. He died a cruel and shameful death of a criminal. The God who called the universe into being, hanged on a cruel cross, beaten and in a mess. 
He died for each man, woman and child who has ever lived and who ever will.
If they will come to him, he will forgve them.
He has done it all for us.

He knows what it is to be weak, poor, humbled and rejected. 
Jesus walked this life and totally understands our pain and struggles. We can come to him with anything.
And we do...

The special needs of an ADHD child are important to God.
He can take this child, these children and in him, he can use them for his glory, despite their very real and sometimes forever struggles.

Today, I was reminded of this and I was encouraged
With Jesus the ADHD child is special indeed!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment