Thursday, October 11, 2012

Bible Study -rich and glorious and full with hair talk

For those women who have had the opportunity to study the bible with Beth Moore , you will totally understand when I say one word...." hair". She has the most amazing hairstyles ever especially since her dvd series  span the decades.  In her latest version of Breaking Free she describes how as a little girl she would pull fists full of hair out of her head as she wrestled with anxiety. After this I decided to cut her some slack on the hair front.

I have been fortunate enough to do a few Beth Moore bible studies and am right in the very middle of her first one, the one that launched her bible teaching , Breaking Free. As prepare for the meeting we have  with a great bunch of women who love Jesus, I  am struck again by the rich way Beth brings God's word alive. I know her style is not everyone's cup of tea, and that is fine. But , for me, Beth has a unique, God given gift to encourage those who study with her to really long for Jesus and to see him as he is in all his glory. She is so careful to point us to God through Jesus and his word. I love this about her. She just loves the Bible and encourages us to get really into the word so that God can work. Breaking Free is by far her favourite for me and I am truly blessed to be studying with Beth Moore again:)

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that Sister. Can we hear a 'Glory?' (Said with as much Texan twang as you can muste)r. I am a huge Beth fan Caryn and have been so blessed by bringing her to the UK. Can you believe that nobody from our church here had heard of her? Because I knew God wanted me to start a bible study here, I started one after we had only been here 3 months. As 'they' did not know me from Adam (and literally, the British probably don't know who Adam is. ha ha), they frantically did the next best thing they could do and that was to find out who the hek Beth Moore was. Classic. I have just started a second course with the UK group - Believing God. It will be my second time of doing Believing God and I am sure I will learn just as much second time round. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete