Thursday, October 18, 2012

The right tools for the job

I am fairly exact about using the correct tool for the right job. In our home fabric scissors are for fabric (only or you will be threatened with near death:)) ; bread boards are for bread and non stick pans only get used with soft utensils.
The thing is I write here in jest because in reality  we cut other things on the bread board too and we have scratched the non stick pan ( only the fabric scissors rule still stands) . It helps to have the right tool for a job and makes it easier to work. Doug is a keen maker of things and he is good at it. I know his work is made easier by having good, solid tools that work well and fit the job.

In the same way I need many tools in this life. I also find that  I need the tools to tell someone about who Jesus is and what he has done for us. I need to at the very least have thought through some ideas in my own mind that I could share with someone who asks me about my faith in him.

And so it is with our kids. 

The boys have some friends at school who are decided atheists and talk about this a little.  We had been praying for these kids and mainly for an opportunity for our boys to share something of what they believe too. We gathered around the computer and walked through Two Ways to Live.


Here is the link if yu would like to check it out. Two Ways to Live provides a great gospel explanation in a very simple and clear way. Tools for me and also for my children to have if and when they need them. 

As we gathered around and shared each page then our two youngest who always say " I dont think I am a christian" recommitted their lives to Jesus. - again. Too precious!!




No comments:

Post a Comment