Monday, September 16, 2013

Loss of One Kind or Another

http://www.descendo.com/prints/iwl-05-loss-screen.jpg

This is for all who have and will experience LOSS of many kinds. 

We tend to talk and think about loss in relation to death only. While this is one of the types of brutal loss in this life, there are actually many other areas where people experience the pain of loss.  The loss of a dream or a hope. The loss of relathionship. The loss of work. The loss of being able to work. The loss of sound and rational mind; physical strength and health; loss of a childhood; loss of wholeness and broken emotions. All these , and more are different types of pain and loss. Grief rules this life. Jesus is the healer.  He is the one and only saviour!!

Loss of One Kind or Another

Today I felt your presence again
that sad, grey cloak that
comes 
and presses  in on my body,
the arms of which carress my soul.

You bring along a friend called hoplessness,
another called loneliness and sorrow.
these cling like a glove to a wet hand
When will you leave?

Today you paid me a visit, again.
you called out and reminded me
of hoplessness
of sadness
of lonliness
again

you called out and reminded me 
of all the loss
of lost dreams and broken hopes.
You laughed while you sank you teeth deep into my heart.

Again.

Can sorrow and pain not be quenched.
Can sadness and loneliness  not stay away?
Are the patterns of broken relathionships,
of  hollow promises,
of lack of commitment,
to be the order of the day.

whatever happened to trustworthy
faithful
hopeful
kind and really caring people?
where have they gone?
Have I died along with all of you too?

Is true friendship real?
Do people count for anything anymore?
or is it just all about My felt needs
and My comfort now?

How sad a world we have created.

I am reminded of  loss again...
I miss you so much.
I really do.
My hear aches to breaking with the loss of you.
that which could have been
that which should have been
but for brokeness that came in and cut us off from one another

so I can long for you
but
you do not come 
you can not come
you are no more.

Who can hold my breaking heart?
who can touch me in that deep place where that little ,dancing light 
has been snuffed out.
Can this loss be found?
Can it take on a new shape
a bold and beautiful shape
called LOVE.

I do not know the answer to this.
And yet there is HOPE
for all those who come to HIM

Does anyone care anymore?
Is anyone faithful anymore?
Is there one who is trustworthy?
Is there one who will fight for us?

My hear cries out - there just has to be?

Yes!
He is the suffering servant. 
He came to die that I might have life in him.
He totally understands 
He was broken and bruised and left alone.
Even his friends deserted him.
He was beaten and mocked and killed
He knows our pain 
He feels our loss
He is the one!!

He is powerful and bold.
He holds all things together by his word.
He is tender
faithful
and kind.
and he loves us more than we can ever imagine
or understand.
He is the one in whom all loss has meaning
in one way or another
perhaps even at one time or another.

He is the answer.

He is the one who holds me 
when it is too hard to get up
to hard to live and love again.
He is the one.

I have seen him fashion his love to hold those who have loss
of one kind or another.
He is so gentle and kind.
he cuts off options .. for some
and opens doors for others. 
He is at work and in control
with kindness and courage he moulds and shapes
faith
trust
steadfastness
truth
hope and peace
back into the heart of the broken one.





No comments:

Post a Comment