Friday, September 20, 2013

The ADHD Adventure!

http://www.controlmyadhd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ADHD-in-Adults.jpg


The Adventure called ADHD

Having an ADHD family is both an adventure and a journey.

Understanding the how and why of ADHD is both liberating and empowering.
I have written quite a collection of posts on ADHD from our perspective as a family who has one spouse on the spectrum and 2 of 4 children on the ADHD spectrum.

I began writing these posts as a real heart response to both our own experience of ADHD but also to those who God has brought along the way , who are on a very similar journey.

I have a profound and deep love my family.  I think coming from a family that split and broke in divorce I really KNOW the special thing that is Family. I really want us to treasure and hold it – lightly so that it does not become and idol but deeply so that it remains precious.

We have been on this extraordinary ADHD journey now for the last 6 years.  The more I read and learn about the way the ADHD brain functions, the more excited I become. It all makes sense.  It might not be easy but it at least makes sense.
 My hope and prayer is that the things I write will both educate and encourage. Perhaps even help those who are faced with the ADHD journey personally and need some advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment