Monday, April 12, 2010

The Books we love to read part 2

Tonight we read a whole pile of books. I love to choose these stories before the boys get to choose. It saves me reading the likes of Asterix which I love to read to myself but not aloud to them. That is a job left for Dad. I am also rescued from books that are the shortened version of some great movie such as "Cars" or " a bugs life". Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy these kids movies but I really do not like reading them. I have worked out that if I choose books to read first then we have more great reads and not to many of the ones I find a bit difficult to get through with enthusiasm. Someone once said though, " letting children read or be exposed to good and bad writing helps them to know the difference" . mmmm I am not to sure if this is true or not but anyway.... here is a few more of the Jethro and Samuel best reading list...

1. A Snowy Night and The treasure Hunt by Nick Butterworth. These are awesome books. We love the story which is so rich in humour and the illustrations which mirror the fun in the story. There is always a gentle and friendly element of surprise and always a happy ending.

2. We enjoyed " Ten Play Hide and Seek by Penny Dale which is also beautifully illustrated and although has a very simple story is still very much enjoyed.

3. We did not get to this book but I want to include it because I really LOVE this book. " The Pig in the Pond" by Martin Waddell. The drawings are by Jill Barton. Both the story and the illustrations are a delight and this book is never, never boring or dull. It is a must!!!

Thats that for tonight. Ill put together a list of books James and Thomas enjoy. This is sure to be full of the usual Like harry Potter which James devoured weekly until he was full and other authors too Like Jeremy strong. Check out his web site for fun!! www.jeremystrong.co.uk.

Enjoy and keep on reading!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment